본문 바로가기
마이페이지 장바구니0

The Biggest Myth About What Is Billiards Exposed

페이지 정보

작성자 Elmo Bingaman 작성일 24-09-16 14:07 조회 63 댓글 0

본문

The game of pool is different from carom billiards in that it is played on a billiards table with pockets - six to be exact. Size: Snooker tables are significantly larger than pool tables, with the standard size being 12 feet by 6 feet. One great value of games is that they are the finest discipline for the temper. It is not proposed to make this a treatise on the game: if it were I should begin with the truism that it is wise for a golfer to keep his temper. But the ridiculous exhibition of temper and sulkiness that a great many players show habitually, only begins to be humorous when the game is over and the opponent of the irascible one is telling a congenial friend after dinner about it, and the offender is not present. He himself had to go to a dinner that evening, and would barely be able to make it. Six Shot - If you pot the red ball and make an in-off off your cue ball, you score 6 points.

Jack Nicklaus waves before hitting a ceremonial first tee shot before the first round of the 80th Masters Golf Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club. Patrons leave Augusta National Golf Club after the third round of the Masters. Mike Weir of Canada hit out of a bunker on the second hole during the second round of the 2016 Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club. Patrons wait for the gates to open near the first fairway before the start of the 80th Masters Golf Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club. Bert Atkins was to play a challenge match at billiards, and Mrs. Curtis was to attend a committee meeting of a woman's club. It is advisable that nobody should stand behind a man's club when he hits the ball, but even this, I feel convinced, a man can get accustomed to, if he will only apply his mind to it. Unless the green is a private one the talker has as much right to be there and to laugh or talk as you have to play golf, and every player should try and keep this fact in mind.

Most players improve in temper, or, rather, a philosophical calm comes over them, as they grow older; but there are some, forming quite a respectable minority, of whom the exact contrary is the truth, and the melancholy fact has to be recorded that they get worse and worse. The middle-aged player perhaps realises the fact that golf is a game, while to the youngster it is business: the veteran plays philosophically, and if he does this he may very likely find himself putting respectably. It is a trifling blot on a great game that putting, relatively to the rest of the game, what is billiards is far too important. Still, I think, on the whole, increasing age does carry some compensation for golfers; and I believe that when a man has played some years, and his handicap, may be, is brought from scratch to three, it is often found that his short game, especially his putting, is rather improved than otherwise. One man insists on having his caddie and everybody he may be playing with, fixed behind his back and nowhere else-on the absurd ground, I suppose, that if they take up their position in any other spot they catch his eye. If you don't want to talk yourself you can be as dumb as a drum with a hole in it, as Sam Weller says, and you may go farther, and forbid anybody to speak to you; but to stamp and swear because somebody within hearing distance of you chooses to talk to a friend is ridiculous and silly, partly because it is contemptible, and partly because, as you are not in a position to stop all conversation on the links, you must grin and bear it.

To the huge majority of players there are one or more clubs in which they cannot affect to feel much confidence. A great player-I may say a very great player-once told me that he had been unable to drive off the tee to his satisfaction for no less a period than four years-this player must have been more than human if to a greater or less degree he was not during all that time in an important match troubled with nerves when he took his stand on the tee. It has been said, that every match is won by the short game; this, like many much-quoted sayings, is a half-truth. At Sandwich, therefore, you can with truth remark that the match cannot be won by the bad driver. Certain players, therefore, hate and cannot play with certain clubs; perhaps it may be said of a few, very few, that they play equally well or badly with all clubs. If you dislike long losing hazards, you must and can try and play the cannon and potting game at the top of the table; if you hate those strokes, because you cannot do them, play an open game and go in for losing hazards from baulk.

댓글목록 0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

데이타포스 정보

회사소개 개인정보 이용약관

회사명__ (주)하나포스 주소 서울 영등포구 여의도동 61-4
사업자 등록번호 119-86-57892
대표 조계현 전화 1566-6680 팩스
통신판매업신고번호 2024-서울영등포-0948
개인정보 보호책임자 조계현
Copyright © 2001-2013 (주)하나포스. All Rights Reserved.

PC 버전